I was recently nominated for blog awards by my writing buddies Nicole L. Bates and Jen E. Wagner. (Thank you!) While I’m not following all of the rules (as usual!), I thought I would at least follow the step that involves posting seven things about myself on my blog. That way people can get to know me a little better (and hopefully not run away screaming!) So, without further ado, here are seven random things about me:
1. I broke my nose when I was about eight or nine by running into a tree(!). I had my eyes closed at the time because I was playing Marco Polo with friends. I also smashed my knee at the same time and now have a bad knee as a result. My nose, however, is fine.
2. I love eating avocado on toast. Yum yum!
3. Back when I still lived in Vancouver, the police once used the cedar hedge out the front of my family’s house as a hideout during a stakeout. The plainclothes officers would get dropped off one street over, climb over our back fence and then go hide in the front hedge. Rain or shine, they sat in there for days. No idea who or what they were watching but it was kind of cool.
4. I enjoy making my own trivia games about things I love. I’ve made two so far — one for Harry Potter and one for Stargate. When I lived in Vancouver my friends and I would have “trivia parties” every so often, which basically involved eating pizza and playing my trivia games.
5. I used to figure skate. I was never particularly good at it, but I stuck with it until my early 20′s.
6. I have a cat named Nazzy, named after the hockey player Markus Naslund. They both have blue, blue eyes.
7. I look really young for my age. While that’s becoming more of a positive thing as I get older, it’s been quite annoying at times, such as when people would ask me what grade I was in when I was already finished my first university degree. At least most people seem to realize that I’m older than I look once they talk to me. It’s one thing for people to think you look like you’re in your late teens, it’s another thing entirely for them to think you talk or act like you’re still a teenager when you haven’t been for a long time.
So, there you go — seven random things about me! If anyone else does this on their blog, please let me know so I can get to know you better too!